For many, you have never heard of JustUnfollow so the first thing to discuss is; what is JustUnfollow and why would i want to use it? It is a web based tool that lets you follow and unfollow Twitter users from a simple dashboard, as well as other interesting things, which I will get into in a minute. A while back they also integrated Instagram. The dashboard is simple to and for heavy Twitter or Instagram users a great way to organize your follower efforts. So here are 7 ways which you might benefit from using this tool, which I forgot to mention is free for most of what you want to do. At the end I will explain what the paid versions will get you.
- Fix your following to followers ratio: If you are concerned with the ratio of followers versus people who follow you, JustUnfollow easily lets you find out who has unfollowed you and with a click unfollow them. It also lets you find people who are inactive, meaning they haven’t posted in more than 1, 3, or 6 months. If you find yourself with four times more people you are following, this might be useful as you don’t want to seem like you are super agressive or it may look like people don’t really find what you post very appealing.
- Automate direct tweets to new followers: If you are like most people, you don’t thank someone every time they follow you, this makes it really simple to do. For the average user this is simply a friendly think to do, but if you are a marketer this might be the one chance you get to add value to the interaction. It seems simple but a really good one.
- Copy Followers: I really like this feature, it allows you find out who follows anyone else and easily start following them. Want to connect with your friends followers? This lets you find them and gets a bit closer to the conversations they have. If you are in business, find out who follows your competitors and start following them very simple to do.
- Keyword Follow: Another awesome tool. Use a keyword and a location to see who uses those keywords and follow them. If you are interested in a number of topics, use this to quickly find other with similar interested and connect.
- Friend Check: Find out if one person follows another. I don’t find this particularly useful but it is easy to add the two handles and see if they are connected.
- Get Featured: Many people and businesses when getting started on Twitter struggle to get new followers. JustUnfollow has a low cost way to get followers by advertising within the dashboard. Let’s face it no one wants to be alone on your new social network it may seem a bit shallow but you don’t want people to think you are a newbie or that you are not engaged on social media. But how to bridge that gap? Well for between fourteen and fifty cents per follower, you can can do it.
As mentioned at the start there are paid packages, they run from $10/month up to $200/month. They add features like greater ability to blacklist or whitelist people, remove branding, and add team members. Though the real benefit is is adding more accounts. If your a marketing agency looking to build followers for companies or provide some level of social media services for clients this would be a way to do it. As a user for many years, personally and for a business JustUnfollow is a great and simple tool that you might find useful to have in your shed.